Slips, Trips and Falls

Slips Trips and Falls

Zen Law Solicitors are specialists in public liability claims and can assess the prospects of your claim very quickly at no cost and no obligation to you.

If you have been injured as a result of a slipping or tripping over then you may be entitled to claim compensation against the person, party or public organisation responsible for the area that caused the accident.

If your accident occurred on a public footway, e.g. a pavement, path or a public road you would need to make a claim against the local highway authority (normally the local council). To succeed with such a claim you need to show that a defect is large enough to constitute a hazard to public users and that it has also been in that dangerous state for an unreasonable period of time.

Other examples of cases may include accidents on privately-owned premises such as a supermarket, a pub, a restaurant, a gym or a shop. In these cases, the owner/occupiers are legally responsible for your safety whilst you are on their premises and have a duty to ensure that hazardous obstacles and spillages are managed to avoid the risk of injury to the public. You can therefore bring a claim for compensation if you have suffered an injury as a result of their failure to take reasonable steps to ensure your safety.

Another type of accident you may suffer in a public place may be a dog attack. Dog owners have a responsibility to ensure that their dogs are kept under control and do not pose a threat to the public. If you have been attacked by a dog, we may be able to help you pursue a claim.

We’re keen to help you make a successful accident claim and firmly believe that talking to us for free will help you the accident compensation you deserve. Find out whether you have a claim by completing the Online Enquiry Form.

Translate »