Road Traffic Accidents


Zen Law Solicitors have specialist road traffic accident lawyers who can help you whether you or your children were involved in an accident as a driver, passenger, motorcyclist, cyclist or a pedestrian. If you have suffered an injury in a Road Traffic Accident in the last 3 years, we can help you obtain compensation.

Remember, all of our claims are dealt with on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis which means you pay nothing to us (win or lose).

As a driver:

As a driver of a vehicle in a non-fault accident, you may be able to claim for

  • Your injuries
  • Damage to your vehicle
  • Storage and recovery charges
  • Repair and credit hire charges
  • Policy excess
  • Loss of earnings
  • Cost of treatment and travel expenses
  • Any other losses (such as damaged clothing)
As a passenger:

Equally, as an innocent passenger in a car, on a bicycle/motorbike (which may be as a result of a manufacturing fault, third party vehicle or defect in the road) or on a bus, you can claim compensation for your injuries. Fortunately, most Road Traffic Accidents result in a whiplash injury (which can even be suffered through low velocity impacts (LVI) resulting in soft tissue damage).

However, in the event of serious injury, your claim may involve organising a specialist in your injury, nursing care/rehabilitation experts and any other professionals who can assist in helping you recover from your injury. If a member of your family has unfortunately died as a result of a Road Traffic Accident, then this may result in the loss of the main source of income for a family.

After such an accident a family needs the care and attention of highly-trained lawyers to help them through the difficult circumstances. Following a fatal accident, there may be a potential claim for a bereavement award, funeral expenses and special damages compensation if the family’s income has been affected following the accident.

Hopefully, you will never need our services. In the event that you do, Zen Law Solicitors will achieve the best possible compensation award for you – and quickly.

Due to the Whiplash Reforms which came into force on 31 May 2021, we now have to deduct up to 40% of your damages compensation as fees for RTA cases.

If you have been involved in an accident which was not your fault, please complete our Online Enquiry Form so that we can help

Untraced Drivers / Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) Claims
If you have been involved in an accident with an uninsured or untraced driver or are the victim of a hit and run accident, then fortunately you are still entitled to claim compensation.


The MIB (Motor Insurers Bureau) will pay compensation to victims of uninsured and untraced drivers and will also pay their legal costs. In addition to your injury, you can claim for policy excess, loss of earnings, credit hire charges, medical expenses and any other losses.


To be eligible to make a claim, you must report the accident to the police as soon as possible and no later than 14 days after the accident. You must make sure you obtain a crime reference number, even if the police suggest that a report is not necessary. The MIB will not require a full report but will require evidence that you have reported the matter.


Any claim caused by an uninsured or untraced driver must be made to the MIB within 3 years of the accident. It is much more credible, however, to submit a claim as soon as possible.


The MIB pays legal costs in uninsured accident claims in the same way as if the driver was insured so that there is nothing for you to pay, win or lose. In untraced claims the MIB pay a smaller amount of legal costs. Some firms deduct costs from your compensation to pay part of their legal costs, however, Zen Law Solicitors do not make any such deductions and we recover our costs from the MIB. We act on a No Win No Fee basis, so there is nothing for you to pay, win or lose.

Translate »